[Mageia-dev] Sleep once, never again . .

Robert Fox list at foxconsult.net
Tue Apr 3 16:31:21 CEST 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-03 at 13:40 +0100, Pascal Terjan wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 13:10, Robert Fox <list at foxconsult.net> wrote:
>         I have a Thinkpad x220 notebook running latest Cauldron in
>         KDE.
>         When I close the lid, the system goes to sleep mode - and it
>         awakes
>         fine.  If I close the lid again, the system will not sleep.
>          When I
>         choose logout, turn off computer and then "sleep to ram" it
>         also doesn't
>         do anything.  So the suspend operation only can be done once,
>         then I
>         have to reboot to reset it.
>
> Does it also fail if you run pm-suspend manually?
> Anything in the logs?

pm-suspend when manually called from a terminal does work! So I can
manually force the suspend that way - looks like the KDE suspend call
"Turn Off Computer" and then "Suspend to Ram" - as well as lid close
does not trigger it after the first time.  There is no error, just
doesn't do anything when I close the lid or request the suspend through
KDE . . .

Thx,
R.Fox