[Mageia-dev] help with update/testing needed / freeze exception for me-tv

Florian Hubold doktor5000 at arcor.de
Wed Apr 4 22:25:57 CEST 2012

Hi all,

me-tv (a really nice and easy to-use DVB viewer with EPG guide)
totally went under my radar and it has not been updated nor
rebuild yet for cauldron since quite some time, seems i forgot
to commit my local update to 2.x branch, and me-tv was not
covered by check.mageia.org updates report, and i've to update
it when i was still apprentice.

But as me-tv development was suspended, and now restarted
(2.0 branch was complete rewrite, with differing features, f.ex.
server/client based) so that 1.4 branch is the followup to what
we have in cauldron: https://launchpad.net/me-tv/+announcement/9377

FWIW, me-tv-1.3.6 in cauldron was built last time beginning of last july.
I'd like to get some sort of freeze exception for me-tv, but primarily
help with testing this in cauldron, i've just pushed a rebuild of it,
could all who possess a DVB-receiver and a physical cauldron
installation please test it, should be available soon, rebuild went
through.

Project page: https://launchpad.net/me-tv

Thanks in advance.