[Mageia-dev] KDE configuration file regressions

John Balcaen mikala at mageia.org
Thu Apr 5 13:52:45 CEST 2012

Le 5 avr. 2012 07:34, "Frank Griffin" <ftg at roadrunner.com> a écrit :

> On 04/02/2012 10:14 AM, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>>>

>>> Rebooting does it - resets the volume level to 1%.
>>
>> While it /shouldn't/ matter, can you *untick* the options in kmix
>> related to saving/restoring the volumes and see if that helps?
>>

> Mixer -> Settings -> Configure KMix -> Uncheck restore volumes on login
>
> Now the volume stays at 100%.
>
> This resetting of config data appears to be an upstream problem that
needs to be patched by distro packagers.  See this coment from the MDV
Cooker ML:

[...]
Well the config lost in meg seems to be worse than the one you're talking
about ( it's affecting in fact the plasma configuration & probably related
to the drop upstream the support of global plasma configuration in favor of
the JavaScript configuration files which has been fixed in mga by luc).
I was able yesterday night to ( finally) install the beta2 so I'll try to
reproduce later today but on the first reboot this morning I did not notice
any kmix problem.
I don't remember currently if we do have the restore volume option on our
global kmix config since removing this option is a workaround for you.