[Mageia-dev] [soft-commits] [3964] Fix partition numbering on GPT (mga#3091)

Pascal Terjan pterjan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 13:07:22 CEST 2012

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 09:34, Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch at gmail.com>wrote:

> What about using consistent variable names ? If you have a collection of
> 'something' stored in a hash, why should it suddenly became of collection
> of 'st' when transfering them into an array ?

In this case, the hash contains the existing partitions, hence %parts,
while the array represents the full partition table, hence @pt

Or using a consistent format for variables storing numbers, rather than
> having both nb_foo and bar_number ?

nb_primary is the number of primary partitions (count if you prefer),
part_number is the position of a given partition in the table.

> And I don't underestand the interest of using an hash for storing content
> with numerical indexes only. Especially if you have to convert it to an
> array at the end...

To easily get the (potential) one with current index when filling the
array. The other solution would be to first create the array with 128
default structures, then replace some of them.