[Mageia-dev] Freeze Push: bluez

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Apr 8 18:13:13 CEST 2012

Hi,

Please push bluez 4.99.

This is the same version being pushed by fedora into F17 and fixes
numerous bugs including several audio related ones.

I've also changed to packaging a little to ensure that the hid2hci
config is optional. This caused me more than a little head scratching
after installing a test system when my keyboard+mouse stopped working
(worked fine in installer and in bios etc).

hci mode requires you to pair your devices before use, thus requiring
the use of an alternative keyboard/mouse for that process. Bizarrely I
didn't have a mouse in the house that would do this job! After a bit of
puzzling I worked out the problem and followed the packaging at the
fedora side that simple splits this out to a separate package that users
can install should they want to work this way.

Cheers