[Mageia-dev] bumblebee in mageia (and mentoring)

Pascal Terjan pterjan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 21:51:05 CEST 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 20:45, simple w8 <simplew8 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Here you really need to spefify them, with %makeinstall_std  fails
>>
>> %makeinstall then ?
>
> It also fails, i did tried both macros.

>>> I did add a comment saying its from git, but i usually use to create a
>>> macro and put some like this:
>>>
>>> Source0:      %{?git:%{name}}%{!?git:%{name}-%{version}}.tar.xz
>>>
>>> but still there isnt any version released
>>
>> Yes but you should add one, like the date of the snapshot, or the
>> hash. Else different tarball from git will have the same name.
>
> Yes it does make sense.

>>> AFAIK dkms its only used in post and preun scriptlets., so why add
>>> another plain require?
>>
>> Because you need to have it on the system to get this module rebuilt
>> when you install a new kernel, not only when you install this package
>
> If we add a plain require theres no need to have requires in
> scriplets, at least more recently that was clarified, a plain require
> is enough.

It is needed to have it for ordering in the same transaction
Requires only guarantees that dkms will be there at the end of the rpm
transaction installing this package, but it may be installed after
this package if they are in the same transaction. Adding
requires(post) makes rpm install dkms before this one if they are in
the same transaction.