[Mageia-dev] bumblebee in mageia (and mentoring)

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Tue Apr 10 21:53:38 CEST 2012

Op dinsdag 10 april 2012 21:28:19 schreef simple w8:
[...]
> > better to follow the policy.
>
> I dont know about mageia policies, but i will read about them so i can
> start using them from now on.

check https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Policies , you don't have to read all of
them, but it's nice to look at what kind of policies exist, so that later you
can look them up if required.

[...]
> > you can afterwards make a kmod-bbswitch and kmod-acpi_call packages that
> > make prebuilt modules for all available kernels.
>
> Yeap, i have seen those kind of packages and that way theres no need
> to use a dkms.

well, except to actually build the kmod package, since it requires the dkms
package :-)

[...]
> > perhaps filetriggers or the post and preun service helpers do all this
> > automagically... i don't know, i usually just look at other packages.
> >
> > i think a provided existing service file is picked up by filetriggers
>
> I do see one systemd  filetrigger: systemd-daemon-reload.script
>
> but i would like to know hows processed, so far for what i have seen i
> dont see how that is possible, to put systemd running services without
> put them in the scripts.
>
> And to remember that bumblebee is provided with service files for
> systemd and sysvinit, i did had that caution, thats why i put in
> scripts bbbbboth usage.
>
> Still i think it would be better to simply keep the ones for systemd,
> since its the one used by default.

well, if i was you, comment out the code and see if it actually does enable it
by default. i'm definately not an expert, but for mariadb i didn't have to
enable it, it worked like that...

since i have not seen any other packages where it effectively does that, i
don't think it's required.

[...]
> > iinm you can also add extra option to %cmake. if it's possible it'd be
> > nice to have %cmake in it. if there would be systemwide changes at a
> > later time, possibly due to changed newer cmake behavior, or whatever,
> > it can be picked up without much effort.
> >
> > also it looks better to me, having all cmake packages using %cmake :-)
>
> Did you read what i wrote?

?

of course i did, why else would i take the effort to reply?

> i did tried to use %cmake but build fails, so its really need to use
> it explicitely like its currently, and the same goes for when i did
> not used %makeinstall_std in libbsd.

well as you already know, %cmake evaluates to cmake with some extra stuff, so
if one of these things give you difficulty, either it points to a point that can
be improved, or you can just override them for the ones you need. that way,
you can still make it work with %cmake.

[...]