[Mageia-dev] RFC: Add versioned require in rpm on rpm-helper

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 11:14:04 CEST 2012

On 16 April 2012 10:26, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
>> As per an earlier mail on this list regarding apache during upgrade from
>> mga1 to mga2, it seems that rpm-helper may not get installed earlier
>> enough to do systemd transitions for services.
>>
>> Does anyone have any objection to adding a versioned require on
>> rpm-helper in the rpm spec such that we know it'll be installed early
>> when doing a distro upgrade? Any problems with this approach?
>
> So assuming no one has any objections to this, I'll add it to rpm today.

That will work for urpmi that will upgrade rpm first before restarting
but not for installer that doesn't need restarting itself (since we do
not  use the system's urpmi).

A somewhat nicer fix would be to auto generate some
'needs-systemd-aware-rpm-helper'
requires for packages providing systemd units, having rpm-helper
fulfil this provides