[Mageia-dev] problems connecting to new wlan access points

Hugo Pereira Da Costa hugo at oxygen-icons.org
Mon Apr 16 22:51:53 CEST 2012

On 04/16/2012 10:14 PM, Mika Laitio wrote:
> I am always having problems for connecting to new access points with
> the drakconf. Drakconf is able to show up the list of access points just
> fine and also the config screen looks ok.
>
> Bu when I select the new ap from the list and press connect button, I
> usually get error message from the connection failure.
> This will happen even if I try to push the connect button again after
> the first failure.
>
> But if I instead reboot the machine after the failed connect, the
> network will be up just fine on next boot.
> I think the problem is not related to AP encryption mode as this is
> happening for me both with the OpenWEP and WPA/WPA2 connections.
>
> At the moment I am testing with machine having Intel Centrino-Ultimate-N
> 6300 wlan, but I have earlier seen similar problems at least with intel
> 2200 BG that I had on Dell D610.
>
> Mika
Hello,
just in case it helps:

I've been having the same problems on several computers/installations
(and actually, also with mga1), and could always fix it by removing
(urpme) all networkmanager packages. My personal (naive and non-dev)
understanding of the issue being that there are some conflicts between
networkmanager and drakconnect.

Hugo