[Mageia-dev] problems connecting to new wlan access points

Mika Laitio lamikr at pilppa.org
Tue Apr 17 09:41:24 CEST 2012

>> There are, but provided you disable NM, it should be OK and not run...
>> unless it can perhaps be bus activated without going via systemd...
>> hmmm, I wonder...
>
> Hmm, no, this shouldn't be the case. If you disable NetworkManager in
> systemd it shouldn't start either directly or via bus activation.
>
> I'll try and do some more testes, but with all the NM compatibility
> stuff that myself and blino did over the last few weeks I hope we've got
> this issue licked.

So are there now some new fixes in drakconnect that should enable it's
co-operation with NM?
I did my latest tests on saturday on then up to date cauldron and at
least then I still needed to reboot the laptop after introducing it in
drakconnect to new AP, before I was really able to get the laptop
connecting to ap.

And are there some other NM compatible UI WLAN tools available that
should work with NM enabled? (to be able to use console tools like ifup,
iwconfic, etc, one must at least disable the NM control for the network
interface in drakconnect interface configuration)

Mika