[Mageia-dev] Important and urgent: people with ati cards needed on beta3 pre release qa

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 18 08:43:52 CEST 2012

Am 18.04.2012 00:54, schrieb Frank Griffin:
> On 04/17/2012 06:27 PM, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> Don't you mean "X does not start" rather than "it just won't boot"? Or
>> have I missed something fundamental here? I already somewhat wasted
>> your time earlier because I got you to get all sorts of interesting
>> debug for me because I thought it was a boot/init problem, but it
>> turns out X is just failing to initialise the vesa driver.... have I
>> missed some details on this problem? Sorry for asking, but as you say
>> it's an important issue. Col
> I haven't been following this too closely because I usually test
> Cauldron fresh installs and not the ISOs. Is there any value to testing
> with current Cauldron as opposed to the ISO ?
Well, testing the ISOs, does help us figure out what's wrong with them.
We need those ISOs working to be able to release them. If we start
releasing ISOs, that are broken, we will fastly use any credibility.
So the pre release tests of the ISOs are important.
Of course running and testing the current cauldron is important as well,
but you do test cauldron by installing the ISOs as well.

Oliver

--
Oliver Burger

Mageia contributor