[Mageia-dev] Broken database problem

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Wed Apr 18 19:32:45 CEST 2012

18.04.2012 20:25, Anne Wilson skrev:
> On 18/04/12 17:58, Thomas Backlund wrote:
>
>> If you want to restore the database at this point you need to
>> reinstall all packages as listed in /var/log/rpmpkgs with
>> --replacepkgs
>
>> or do a reinstall
>
> OK.  We need to resolve the problem of broken kdm first - remember it
> broke before I deleted anything.  Once we know what needs doing, I'll
> sort that out.  Looking at the list, reinstall might be the fastest
> option, but I don't want to end up in the same place :-)

Well, if I read your initial mail correctly your system broke when the
beta2 rpm crashing bug that hit some users, so what happend after that
is atleast partly a result of that.

But if it helps flushing out other bugs at the same time, then it was
not all bad crash :)

As for reinstall, there is now a brand new beta3 to play with.

--
Thomas