[Mageia-dev] Important and urgent: people with ati cards needed on beta3 pre release qa

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Apr 19 00:17:34 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Frank Griffin at 18/04/12 23:14 did gyre and gimble:
> On 04/18/2012 05:30 PM, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> Just out of curiosity, are you sure that plymouth never ends? It
>> should be stopped by kdm, gdm etc. when they start X (even if X
>> crashes). Col
> Well, the plymouth log lines are still sitting there on tty1, and while
> it obviously isn't going to go to X, it isn't going to getty either.

No, unless the DM itself exits with an error code, you won't get a
getty. As I noted on the bug, I've already spoken to upstream GDM guys
about this and they are keen to support this mode of operation. I
suspect the KDM and others will likely agree to support this mode too in
the future, but it won't be something we can use for mga2 sadly.

> I still have the system available, so if you want me to verify with a ps,
> or attach to it with gdb and get a backtrace, I can do that.

Well all you really need to verify is that plymouthd process has exited.