[Mageia-dev] RPM groups change: Productivity ?

Malo Deniélou malo at doc.ic.ac.uk
Sat Apr 21 19:44:08 CEST 2012

Le 21/04/12 06:33,Remco Rijnders nous adresse ces quelques mots :
> Hi all,
>
> I've just submitted taskwarrior, a command line tool to organise,
> prioritise, and track tasks etc.
>
> From the Fedora spec which I adopted, they have it in the group
> "Applications/Productivity". We have no such group available on
> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/RPM_groups_policy . In the end I resorted to
> picking "Text tools", but it just didn't feel right to me. As I have
> similar tools I'm thinking of packaging, as well as we have other tools
> in the distro such as taskcoach in "Office", I think a "Productivity"
> category might be of use. What do you think?

May be we can discuss that after Mageia 2 is out. There are other
categories that would deserve to be created/renamed/moved.
One example is to clear a bit what is in Development/Other (some
languages, like Ocaml can have there own category, there could also be a
category Development/IDE or Development/tools for language). Another
clean-up might be in the Books section, where you have docs that seems
randomly distributed between the subcategories.
Another example are forensic tools, that are in File tools for now, but
it's not completely satisfying, as they do not necessarily work on files.
Etc.

Cheers,
--
Malo