[Mageia-dev] Freeze Push: mythtv + mythplugins

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Sun Apr 22 13:09:38 CEST 2012

22.04.2012 13:55, Colin Guthrie skrev:
> 'Twas brillig, and Thomas Backlund at 22/04/12 10:31 did gyre and gimble:

>>> In progress...
>>>

>> Still broken... I added gdb as br to fix the first failure, but then it
>> hit another....
>>
>> http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/uploads/failure/cauldron/core/release/20120422092443.tmb.valstar.21266/log/mythtv-0.25-20120418.1.mga2/build.0.20120422092445.log
>
> Ahh yes, this is due to bonjour support which I didn't actually test
> locally due to laziness... sorry. Testing a fix locally now and will
> ping when that's done.

OK

> The gdb thing is more interesting tho'. This doesn't appear to be in the
> MythTV source at all... It seems it's related to the debug symbol
> extraction or some libtool magic? I suspect it wouldn't have been a
> fatal error to the build (i.e. it was a red herring the first time
> round), but perhaps this indicates a bigger problem.

Yeah, I didn't read the errors more carefully, so I just added it to BR
to see if  it was at fault...

We should really fix it at the correct place in the buildchain either by
adding gdb as BR, or remove the check.

> Do we need to add gdb to the default rpms in the chroot to do this
> properly? Or perhaps we just need to remove the test code because we
> know which gdb version we have?

I guess we should fix the BR at correct place, as it should trigger at
th point our gdb is too old...

--
Thoma