[Mageia-dev] Freeze push: task-gnome

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 17:35:14 CEST 2012

On 25 April 2012 17:30, Damien Lallement <mageia at damsweb.net> wrote:
>>> Please submit task-gnome, it adds 'simple-scan' as a suggests.
>>> GNOME project lists 'simple-scan' as a GNOME application.
>>> Thanks!
>>
>> Where does it list that?
>
> http://www.gnome.org/applications/
> Not a GNOME application, just a "recommanded" application. No other tool can
> do what simple-scan does by default in GNOME.
>
> Are you against this suggests? If you are, I revert it.
> I thought it was a good thing to add it.

See my answer to your upload:
This is installed through scannerdrake if needed (through task-scanning).
Since no other desktop does this, I don't think task-gnome should suggest it.
Regarding its absence on the DVD (due to being suggested instead of
required), we should convert its suggest into a requires (in task-scanning).