[Mageia-dev] Release blocker bugs

Anssi Hannula anssi at mageia.org
Wed Apr 25 18:57:29 CEST 2012

23.04.2012 12:33, Anne Nicolas kirjoitti:
> Hi there
>
> We need a status on following release_blocker bugs. As a reminder we
> have some days left only until RC isos.
> Cheers
>

> #5426    cri    rel    Linu    anssi.hannula at iki.fi    REOP    ---
> Beta3 doesn't boot on
> ati graphics hardware

Unfortunately I fear I may not have enough time during the next two
weeks to look closely at this - it is a time-consuming bug to look at
since multiple different issues seem to be at play, and I don't really
right now have time to spend other than a few mins here and there (these
several weeks are unusually busy for me)...

As noted to tmb in IRC a few days ago, I think at least the dual
graphics (intel+radeon) problems would likely mostly go away if fglrx
were used properly on the livecd - it has to be investigated why it
doesn't get used (nvidia is used properly, and fglrx shouldn't be much
different).

A more proper fix would probably be adding some stuff in e.g. prefdm
which would call e.g. display_driver_helper to execute some
vga_switcheroo commands depending on which driver is enabled in
xorg.conf and which hw is present. It seems a bit too late to do such
things for mga2, though...

It might be good if someone who knows a bit about this boot stuff (tmb,
colin, tv...?) could take over the bug, or at least see what could be
done. I can still mostly answer quick questions if needed.

I'll also see if I can still dedicate a few hours for this bug on some
day, but I don't really see where at the moment... Maybe on
Saturday/Sunday but only if some unrelated projects turn out to get
finished faster than I expect...

--
Anssi Hannula