[Mageia-dev] Freeze push: task-gnome

Damien Lallement mageia at damsweb.net
Wed Apr 25 19:38:22 CEST 2012

Le 25/04/2012 17:35, Thierry Vignaud a écrit :

>>> Where does it list that?
>>
>> http://www.gnome.org/applications/
>> Not a GNOME application, just a "recommanded" application. No other tool can
>> do what simple-scan does by default in GNOME.
>>
>> Are you against this suggests? If you are, I revert it.
>> I thought it was a good thing to add it.
>
> See my answer to your upload:
> This is installed through scannerdrake if needed (through task-scanning).
> Since no other desktop does this, I don't think task-gnome should suggest it.
> Regarding its absence on the DVD (due to being suggested instead of
> required), we should convert its suggest into a requires (in task-scanning).

For me, it's a good thing to have it in task-gnome, like we have, in
task-kde:
Suggests:       ksaneplugin >= 2:%version
For my part, I think that people installing task-gnome/kde with the
suggests are waiting for a whole functional desktop.
I'm not sure a lot of people are installing task-scanner to just use
their scanner or webcam to create pdf.
My 2cts.
--
Damien Lallement
twitter: damsweb - IRC: damsweb/coincoin