[Mageia-dev] Handling single user/rescue/failsafe mode

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 26 16:52:30 CEST 2012

2012/4/26 Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch at gmail.com>:
> Le 26/04/2012 16:26, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
>
>> No, it is not a subjective setting. Because this default setting is
>> not caused by technical reasons nor is it set because of somebody's
>> individual opinion. It is set simply for convenience reasons. We (at
>> Mandrivauser de and other places) have been constantly recommending in
>> the forums to change this setting and most of the users who are
>> interested in security do it because they understand the reasoning
>> behind it.
>
> Fine. That's the point of adapting a *default* setting to your own needs,
> instead of arguing it should be preset for everyone else in the world to
> match it.

No, the point here is not whether I adapt to anything, it is the
question if it is possible in this environment to discuss a long time
standing setting for which nobody seem to have a valid reason - only
that it should not be changed while good reasons are given. Seems not
to be possible.

You're right, no further discussion needed.

--
wobo