[Mageia-dev] Freeze Push: e2fsprogs

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 16:19:05 CEST 2012

On 27 April 2012 15:23, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As per discussions earlier, can you please push e2fsprogs.

Er there hasn't been much discussion!

> It adds a default config to prevent fsck when system clock and hwclock
> are out of sync.

What's more, from what I remember from reading the e2fsprogs many years ago,
that was added only for ubuntu installer where date setting was wrong,
resulting in a date differenence on booting the newly installed system
and thus forcing a fsck.

This doesn't affect us since our installer forbid fsck based on too big
elapsed time since last check.

What's more it cannot happen "when system clock and hwclock
are out of sync" for the same reason.

As it doesn't fix any real bug, I suggests postponing this to mga3.