[Mageia-dev] Beta Install failure with Intel Atom 330 Nvidia Ion

Steven Tucker tuxta2 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 13:23:53 CEST 2012

On 28/04/12 20:35, Philippe DIDIER wrote:
> Mika Laitio a écrit :
>> Just tried to boot (and also install) the
>> Mageia-2-beta3-LiveCD-GNOME-Europe2-i586-CD.iso
>> on Zotac Atom 330 NVIDIA Ion system and it didn't really work out.
>>
>> Install starts up just fine and it shows up the Mageia splash screen
>> with 2 balls on top of it.
>>
>> Then it goes to black console and shows text
>> "need to reboot in 30 seconds due to graphics change".
>>
>> If accepting that and trying again, it will show up the same error
>> message again. Is this a known problem or should I fill a new bug?
>>
>> In addition should I also try to download and test with the 3.5 gig
>> DVD installer?
>>
>> Mika
>>
> Known issue
>
> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Mageia_2_Errata
>
> Press F6 key (and beware : you must select again boot instead of install
> as default choice):
> Add the kernel option xdriver=nouveau
>
> Philippe

Also had the same issue but with the KDE version.
Selected the safe options on boot. It loaded the nvidia driver, got the
nvidia splash screen and continued on with fully working proprietary
goodness (badness??).

Is that the expected behaviour for "safe" boot?

Anyway, just another way to boot, but using nvidia's driver.

Tuxta

PS. Awesome release guys!! Still some small issues like above, but for
the first time EVER, I feel I have the perfect distro. Tried many over
the years, and there was always something that was missing or spoilt it.
Just installed Beta 3 on a work machine to do some opencl programming,
and I still can't get the smile off my face!

You should all be very very proud of what you guys have accomplished
(and of course all the upstream projects). Can't wait for the final
release! If you end up deciding on LTS, it is going straight on our
faculties new Cluster!!