[Mageia-dev] Separate /usr issues: Some adjustments needed

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Apr 28 14:22:39 CEST 2012

Hi,

OK, I'm just doing final (hopefully!) testing of various setups.

Here are some changes I think we need to make:

1. ncurses: Move /usr/lib64/libncursesw.so.5 to /lib64 (there is a bug
report open about this but I kinda forgot about it until now :s)

2. xz: Move /usr/lib64/liblzma.so.5 to /lib64 (systemctl needs it -
after doing a urpmi upgrade with a separate /usr, calling reboot via
it's systemctl symlink is the only way to reboot the machine, but it
fails after /usr is unmounted due to this.

3. kmod: Move to /lib64 and /bin - When booting under sysvinit it is
impossible to mount /usr if the module is not loaded in the initrd -
e.g. if I have /usr on btrfs, I cannot modprobe the btrfs module to
mount it.

Any objections/problems with these suggestions?