[Mageia-dev] [soft-commits] [4312] services: Update NEWS

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 15:04:51 CEST 2012

On 29 April 2012 14:26, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
>> According to your detailed changelog in the previous commit,
>> I actually doubt this is for drakxservices.
>> If it's about the "first boot", then this should have been logged in
>> the installer NEWS
>
> Hmmm, if you say so. I just figured that anything that runs when stage1
> and stage2 are not involved is not anything to do with the "installer".
>
> Conceptually, I can see how first boot could be considered part of the
> "install" process, so feel free to correct as you see fit seeing as this
> somewhat subjective distinction is not something I have any real desire
> to master or argue over :) I'll just try and guess better next time :p

Well it was obvious that it cannot be about drakxservices since
the context was "first boot" and drakxservices isn't in the game at this
stage.
I though you was speaking about services set up by the installer
for the first boot.

But now, with the actual bug report, I see it was affecting the harddrake
service.
So it's in the right NEWS file but the description is wrong, it should
speak about service_harddrake then since drakxservice hasn't
the same timeout as harddrake and it's the later that has the issue
not the former.

In that case, the $::isStandalone won't be enought as it will be set
for both harddrake service & drakxservices.
We could set another global variable in harddrake ($::booting ?)
and test for it in services.pm.
WDYT?