[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release kdelibs4-4.9.0-2.mga3

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Wed Aug 1 05:05:02 CEST 2012

On Tuesday, July 31, 2012 06:44:32 PM Nicolas Lécureuil wrote:
> Le mardi 31 juillet 2012 22:20:45 Balcaen John a écrit :
> > Le mardi 31 juillet 2012 18:42:00 tv a écrit :
> > > Name        : kdelibs4                     Relocations: (not
> > > relocatable) Version     : 4.9.0                             Vendor:
> > > Mageia.Org Release     : 2.mga3                        Build Date: Tue
> > > Jul 31 18:15:54
> > > 2012 Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host:
> > > ecosse.mageia.org Group       : Graphical desktop/KDE         Source
> > > RPM: (none)
> > > Size        : 11884847                         License: GPLv2 and
> > > LGPLv2 and GFDL and BSD and QPL and Artistic Signature   : (none)
> > > Packager    : tv <tv>
> > > URL         : http://www.kde.org
> > > Summary     : K Desktop Environment - Libraries
> > > Description :
> > > Libraries for the K Desktop Environment.
> > >
> > > tv <tv> 2:4.9.0-2.mga3:
> > > + Revision: 276808
> > > - rebuild for new libattica
> > >
> > >   + mikala <mikala>
> > >
> > >     - Silent: Fix Source URL
> > >     - Update tarball to KDE 4.9.0
> >
> > Oh damn that !!!
> > kde 4.9.0 is not supposed to be released & now because a padawan without
> > a commit right send a patch, his mentor feels obligate to push the
> > package *without* checking the side effect of this change (yeah it's a
> > update & we're late let's push it ) of course we could have stay only
> > with kdelibs 4.9.0 but now i noticed that fwang is pushing the whole kde
> > stack especially when we're not sure that some kde package are not going
> > to be respun ....
> > damn that !
> >
> > I guess i'll won't commit anything more if it's just to see some stuff
> > like this .
>
> please don't, we need you :(
>
> Rindolf we can't loose packagers like mikala, you really need to follow
> rules.
>
> If you need more infos about rules please ask we are here to help but don't
> touch mikala's packages w/o his authorisation.
>
> just do a mgarepo maintdb get $package    and see who is the maintainer and
> ask before commiting.

I would like to join this discussion. it's not very motivatingif you work on a
package (you are the owner) and then someone is going to upgrade it. We have a
lot of packages unmaintained and we do not have the resources for different
packagers doing the same work.

I guess, the kde upgrade  now has to be completed because it broke the caulron
boxes.
I know  kamil has worked on upgrading boost and this morning I saw it pushed
by someone else.
We all need help once in a while, maybe asking the maintainer would help?

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler