[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release kdelibs4-4.9.0-2.mga3

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Wed Aug 1 12:00:42 CEST 2012

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 03:44:32 +0200
Nicolas Lécureuil <nicolas.lecureuil at free.fr> wrote:

> Le mardi 31 juillet 2012 22:20:45 Balcaen John a écrit :
> > Le mardi 31 juillet 2012 18:42:00 tv a écrit :
> > > Name        : kdelibs4                     Relocations: (not relocatable)
> > > Version     : 4.9.0                             Vendor: Mageia.Org
> > > Release     : 2.mga3                        Build Date: Tue Jul 31
> > > 18:15:54
> > > 2012 Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host:
> > > ecosse.mageia.org Group       : Graphical desktop/KDE         Source RPM:
> > > (none)
> > > Size        : 11884847                         License: GPLv2 and LGPLv2
> > > and GFDL and BSD and QPL and Artistic Signature   : (none)
> > > Packager    : tv <tv>
> > > URL         : http://www.kde.org
> > > Summary     : K Desktop Environment - Libraries
> > > Description :
> > > Libraries for the K Desktop Environment.
> > >
> > > tv <tv> 2:4.9.0-2.mga3:
> > > + Revision: 276808
> > > - rebuild for new libattica
> > >
> > >   + mikala <mikala>
> > >
> > >     - Silent: Fix Source URL
> > >     - Update tarball to KDE 4.9.0
> >
> > Oh damn that !!!
> > kde 4.9.0 is not supposed to be released & now because a padawan without a
> > commit right send a patch, his mentor feels obligate to push the package
> > *without* checking the side effect of this change (yeah it's a update &
> > we're late let's push it ) of course we could have stay only with kdelibs
> > 4.9.0 but now i noticed that fwang is pushing the whole kde stack
> > especially when we're not sure that some kde package are not going to be
> > respun ....
> > damn that !
> >
> > I guess i'll won't commit anything more if it's just to see some stuff like
> > this .
>
> please don't, we need you :(
>
> Rindolf we can't loose packagers like mikala, you really need to follow rules.
>
> If you need more infos about rules please ask we are here to help but don't
> touch mikala's packages w/o his authorisation.
>
> just do a mgarepo maintdb get $package    and see who is the maintainer and
> ask before commiting.

OK, I'll keep it in mind. I thought the change was harmless because it didn't
bump the library's libmajor, but apparently the KDE packages require an exact
version 0.3 of attica's libraries which seems broken to me. In any case, I'll
check for package maintainership later on and also will always try to install
the packages first to see if they break anything.

Thanks for the heads' up.

BTW, you should not call me "Rindolf" outside IRC. My name is Shlomi.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish