[Mageia-dev] Urpmi raise an erreur when installing a .spec file

Olivier Thauvin nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org
Fri Aug 10 00:07:12 CEST 2012

* Thierry Vignaud (thierry.vignaud at gmail.com) wrote:

> What's the link with "assume I'am installing a noarch rpm" and
> "from spec file" ???
>
> You asked urpmi to install missing BR from the spec, it tries
> to do so, and one of the needed BR is provided by this perl-Forge
> package of yours (so we can't check it) and it must do something
> very weird (maybe silent error in %pre, I really can't tell w/o
> looking at that package).

There is no buidrequires related to perl-Forge in this spec and there is
no error output (perl-Forge is the name of this package).

Urpmi wrongly assumed the spec file as binary package:

Example:

QUOTE:
    %define name toto
    %define version 1
    %define release %mkrel 1

    Name: %{name}
    Version: %{version}
    Release: %{release}
    License: GPL
    Group: test
    BuildRoot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-buildroot

    %description
    test

    %files
    %defattr(-,root,root)
END QUOTE

$ urpmi toto.spec
error: toto-1-1.mga3.x86_64: install failed

Now if replace the name by prboom (installed):

A requested package cannot be installed:
prboom-1-1.mga3.x86_64 (in order to keep prboom-2.5.0-10.mga3.x86_64)

So clearly the specfile is treat as a binary rpm and the error reported
incorrectly.

Regards.

--

Olivier Thauvin