[Mageia-dev] Task-obsolete and non-sense obsoletes

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 11:05:41 CEST 2012

Le 14/08/2012 10:57, Colin Guthrie a écrit :
> 'Twas brillig, and nicolas vigier at 13/08/12 16:49 did gyre and gimble:
>> Maybe we could change task-obsolete to conflict with obsolete packages
>> instead of obsoleting them :
>
> task-obsolete is also used to remove packages from the mirror too.
s/task-obsolete/obsoletes tags in any package/

> So if
> we change how it works, then we have to find another user friendly
> mechanism to remove packages (not necessarily a bad idea tho')
Is asking an admin on IRC or a mailing-list user-friendy enough ? Or a
wrapper accessible by ssh (as other similar admin tools on BS) taking
care both of subversion removal and package tree cleanup ?

--
BOFH excuse #242:

Software uses US measurements, but the OS is in metric...