[Mageia-dev] UsrMove failure

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Aug 14 15:14:04 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Johnny A. Solbu at 14/08/12 13:57 did gyre and gimble:
> On Tuesday 14 August 2012 14:47, Charles A Edwards wrote:
>> Are you booting with lilo or grub?
>
> Grub.

All very strange.

It looks like there is simply no conversion script in the initrd.

Can I ask what version of dracut you are using? It should be 023 now but
perhaps it could not be installed for some reason? I've not tested the
conversion with dracut 023, but AFAICS there are no real changes to the
script itself.

Also after booting, does "lsinitrd | grep convert" confirm that you do
indeed have the convert script in the initrd?

I guarantee the cause will be a weird little trivial thing, but it'll be
one of those annoying ones that take a while to show themselves!! I hate
those bugs :p