[Mageia-dev] UsrMove failure

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Aug 14 18:20:21 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Johnny A. Solbu at 14/08/12 16:40 did gyre and gimble:
> On Tuesday 14 August 2012 17:10, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> Just so I can pick the right VM, what's your disk layout? ext3/4?
>

> df -T|grep -v fs
> Filesystem     Type      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> /dev/sda1      ext4       12G  6,4G  4,9G  57% /
> /dev/sda6      ext4      9,5G  8,7G  769M  93% /home
>
>> /usr on a separate partition or not?
>
> Only on real systems. I don't bother with separate /usr on virtual machines, such as Cauldron and Cooker.
>
>> (/me is now wondering if the "rw" command line option is enough to mount
>> / rw... perhaps that's what changed - even still you should have gotten
>> an error message about it after the first exit with rd.break...)
>
> I tried it again, to se what errors show up. They just might tell you more than they tell me. ;-)=
> (Typed in here manually, beware of typos)
> ===
> pre-pivot:/# (Pressing CTRL+D)
> [   91.3330211} dracut: /bin/bash: error while loading shared libraries: libtermcap.so.2
> pre-pivot

Oh that *is* interesting.

What is in your initrd regarding termcap stuff?

lsinitrd | grep -E "bash|termcap"

Mine looks OK here, but perhaps with the several packages being updated
from earlier it might not go as smoothly in this regards it once did...