[Mageia-dev] problem building grass - changes in ffmpeg

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 15 10:36:44 CEST 2012

Hi there,

I have a problem with grass since we updated ffmpeg on Cauldron.
The problem is a change in ffmpeg which results in grass not building
anymore.
I tried to fix it myself, but I was not able to so I asked upstream
about it, who were not really responsive.
As I searched further for a solution I noticed that none of the other
big distros (openSUSE, Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu) do compile grass with
ffmpeg support.
So here is the question.
Should I just disable the ffmpeg support in grass as the others do or is
anyone willing into it?

Oliver

--
Oliver Burger aka obgr_seneca