[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release rpmtools-6.3-1.mga3

Olivier Blin mageia at blino.org
Sat Aug 25 00:15:31 CEST 2012

tv <buildsystem-daemon at mageia.org> writes:

> Name        : rpmtools                     Relocations: (not relocatable)
> Version     : 6.3                               Vendor: Mageia.Org
> Release     : 1.mga3                        Build Date: Fri Aug 24 23:39:12 2012

[...]

> tv <tv> 6.3-1.mga3:
> + Revision: 281521
> - actually compress xml files with '--text' flag passed to lzma (shrinks
>   files.xml.lzma by 25% \o/)

Couldn't we use xz for these xml files as well?

> - compress synthesis with XZ too (40% saving)

And use --text for the synthesis?
It's just text too.

Is there any doc about this --text option?
I couldn't find any in man page or long help.

BTW, it seems you have your changelog entries doubled (in this package
and urpmi as well).

Great savings anyway! :)
Thanks

--