[Mageia-dev] dropping /proc/bus/sub (Re: [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release systemd-189-2.mga3)

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Aug 29 15:46:46 CEST 2012

'Twas brillig, and Olivier Blin at 29/08/12 14:36 did gyre and gimble:
> colin <buildsystem-daemon at mageia.org> writes:
>
>> Name        : systemd                      Relocations: (not relocatable)
>> Version     : 189                               Vendor: Mageia.Org
>> Release     : 2.mga3                        Build Date: Tue Aug 28 19:49:16 2012
>
> [...]
>
>> colin <colin> 189-2.mga3:
>> + Revision: 284851
>> - Drop /proc/bus/usb mount as it's no longer available with kernels >= 3.5
>
> Is there any migration to do in drakx and ldetect because of this?

Oh yeah I meant to send a message to the list about this.

Yeah because we're now on kernel 3.5 we can no longer do certain things
relating to this mount point.

IIRC some ldetect stuff used it and some of the 3G and/or
printer/scanner stuff might also depend on it and need to be migrated
too. I don't know that code very well, but I know some folks complained
when we stopped mounting it by default, so I've no doubt that it's use
is lurking somewhere!

I would guess that in some cases /dev/bus/usb/ might be sufficient for
what is needed.