[Mageia-dev] Fresh mga2 install - NO screen !

Johnny A. Solbu cooker at solbu.net
Thu Aug 30 01:20:12 CEST 2012

On Thursday 30 August 2012 00:30, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> See the thread on this list from a week or two ago: "Desktop Monitor
> powering down"

That is not my problem. My monitor does Not power down. it just doesn't display anything, using nouveau, whereas nv works, once I figured out how to enable it.

If the power settings where the issiue, I would still be able to have a visible graphical login. but I don't. As soon as the graphical login screen (dm) starts, the sceen goes blank, but it does not power Off or Down. Stopping dm or changing runlevel does not help. I have to reboot in order to get my screen back, untill it blanks again once dm starts....

... And round and round it goes, untill one manually selects nv as the driver.

--
Johnny A. Solbu
PGP key ID: 0xFA687324