[Mageia-dev] Fresh mga2 install - NO screen !

Remco Rijnders remco at webconquest.com
Thu Aug 30 04:11:00 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 10:31:50PM +0100, Johnny wrote in
<201208292331.58583.cooker at solbu.net>:
>I have installed mga2 on a system which is replacing an old system, and as soon as I boot after selecting Mageia on the GRUB menu (which is default), the screen goes black and it doesn't work ever untill I reboot. I have blacklisted the nouveau module and ran dracut again to generate a new image.
>It now goes black at aout the time where it is starting X, and again the screen is blank untill I get back to the "BIOS startup screen".
>
>The card is a GeForce 6800 GTO.
>I am Not using any proprieraty drivers, nor have I enabled tainted or non-free repos. I have simply done a standard boot.iso network install and rebooted.
>
>Any idea on how to proceed?

Is only one graphic card detected on this system? This sounds similar to
what I had on a reasonably recent laptop which detected two graphical
"cards" and where the system got confused. (It didn't help that the two
chips needed different drivers).

Remmy