[Mageia-dev] [RFC] urpmq --not-available (was renaming -debug packages as -debuginfo)
andre999mga at laposte.net
Tue Dec 4 09:15:37 CET 2012
Pascal Terjan a écrit :
> On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Pascal Terjan <pterjan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 1:13 PM, andre999 <andre999mga at laposte.net> wrote:
>>> Colin Guthrie a écrit :
>>>> general advice of running "urpmq --not-available" would be a good enough
>>>> fallback IMO.
>>> By chance is that compared to cauldron ?
>> To the configured media
>>> Or is some other parameter required ?
>> None should be needed
>>> On my system, it lists 981 packages (more than 2/3 of those installed), on
>>> an up to date mga2.
>>> The vast majority are tagged mga2
>>> (A few are tagged mga1, required by some mga2 package, as well as various
>>> upstream packages.)
>>> Scanning my mirror 2/core/updates, a lot are in my list.
>>> (The list gives the full package file names, except the .rpm suffix.)
>> Do you have some example?
>> Can you give your urpmi configuration?
> Testing on various machines, it seems wrong when there are several
> versions of the package available (updates or core+tainted)
Ok, most of my problem was due to my inadvertantly removing the official
mirrors when I had a problem booting a few days ago.
The only repo defined was the mga2 dvd.
(I had tried simply reinstalling mga2, a trick which sometimes works.
I ended up having to scan for & remove bad blocks, which did work.)
Sorry for the noise.
After activating official mga2 repos, adding + activating my usual local
repos of updates I've installed, I got a list of 133 packages.
A few tests showed that the packages listed were only those *not* in
activated repos, whether local or not.
Duplicate packages or updates in activated repos didn't produce any
(It is important to ensure that local repos are up to date.)
In other words, the list was correct.
So to ensure that the urpmq --non-available lists all non-supported
(including obsoleted) packages, in addition to setting up official
repos, local repos which might contain such packages should be deactivated.
More information about the Mageia-dev