[Mageia-dev] [RFC] renaming -debug packages as -debuginfo

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Dec 4 15:33:23 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and Pascal Terjan at 04/12/12 14:16 did gyre and gimble:

>>> the one which people complain about where the --orphans option removes too
>>> much...
>>
>> I've stopped using the orphan option. A few days ago when I uninstalled something I tested before submiting, and urpme said afterwards that several houndred packages where orphaned. One of them was kdebase4-common and
>
> I guess you don't have task-kde4 installed anymore (which mean you
> don't want kde anymore).

I think I remember it being removed as a result of some kde-games thing
semi-recently. That's the fun of running Cauldron :D

I see the usefulness of the orphan option, but I like a bit more control
which is why I pushed (many years ago now) for the --not-available
option that Pascal made not-rubbish :) Gives me a little more control
over things.