[Mageia-dev] ANN: Upgrading from Mageia 2 via urpmi

Remy CLOUARD shikamaru at shikamaru.fr
Sat Dec 8 13:25:27 CET 2012

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 04:37:43PM +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Hi,

[...]
> So I've just pushed the package mageia-prepare-upgrade to mga2
> core/updates_testing.
[...]
> Happy testing. Let me know if it kills any kittens. Please keep a backup
> etc. etc.
>
> Col

Hi Colin,

I’ve followed the procedure and could upgrade my system from 2 to
cauldron, but I still have an issue with the filesystem package.

Somehow it seems like it fails to move /var/run to /run and /var/lock to
/run/lock.

I would be glad if there could be a workaround for this.
Here is a debug output of urpmi:
# export LC_ALL=C
# export LANG=C
# urpmi --debug filesystem
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /var/lock: cpio: rename
failed - Is a directory
error: filesystem-2.1.9-18.mga3.x86_64: install failed
error: filesystem-2.1.9-17.mga2.x86_64: erase skipped
unlocking urpmi database
unlocking rpm database
EXITING (pid=11661)

The only way out I think would be to manually do the symlink from
another install.

Could you confirm that ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,