[Mageia-dev] [packages-commits] [321297] imported package nemo

P. Christeas xrg at linux.gr
Sat Dec 8 15:47:21 CET 2012

On Friday 23 November 2012, Anne Nicolas wrote:
> Le 23/11/2012 22:39, Johnny A. Solbu a écrit :
> > On Friday 23. November 2012 18.43, D.Morgan wrote:
> >> we decided to not allow Cinnamon in mageia for now.
> >
> > Is there a list somewhere of Free and open source software that for
> > whatever reason is not allowed in Mageia?
>
> There has already been zillions of discussions about this. We will not
> have Cinnamon. ....

> Please try to follow this. An open source project does not mean anybody
> can do whatever he wants....

Can we please free ourselves from the burden/mentality of a "svn trunk"
workflow?
If we put strict borders around the definition of our "community", these
borders tend to shring inwards.

There cannot be anything like "package C is forbidden from Mageia", as long as
we embrace an 'open' attitude towards contributions. Let them build it, debug
it, maintain it and /host/ it in 3rd party repos. You can still reply "we're
sorry, but don't have the resources to support it in the long run. So it won't
hit the standard repos+releases yet." . Perfectly acceptable IMO.

And, who knows, even the build of some exotic package could trigger a series
of bugs or dependencies that will return valuable feedback to the "core"
packages.

--
Say NO to spam and viruses. Stop using Microsoft Windows!