[Mageia-dev] service dm restart go on tty3

eatdirt dirteat at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 20:25:37 CET 2012

Hi (Colin) :D
I don't know if this is because I still have obsolete files, but if I do a

service dm restart

just after boot on the console of tty2, then the X server restarts but
on tty3, dunno if this is wanted, but I would have expected it to
restart on tty1.

Cheers,
Chris

PS :I can explain why I do this, up to an unrestrained desire of testing
the improbable!

I really do not like the kdm login screen displaying the name of users,
and I have a tuned

/usr/share/apps/kdm/themes/mageia-kde4/mageia-kde4-nolist.xml

that I update by hand each time kdm is updated :-/

PS^2: I suggested during my mandriva time that we have the option to
choose this, if someone is also interested, I am happy to provide this file.

Cheers,
Chris.