[Mageia-dev] KDE SC 4.10 Beta1

Maurice Batey maurice at bcs.org.uk
Sun Dec 16 19:22:07 CET 2012

On Sun, 16 Dec 2012 17:30:36 +0100, Nicolas Lécureuil wrote:

> is nepomuk enabled ?

In System Settings/desktop Search the following are all marked 'x' in
the box:

-   'Enable Nepomuk Semantic desktop'
        "Desktop search servcies are active"

 -  'File Indexer'
       "File indexer is suspended" (?!)

  -  'Enable Email indexer'

In KMail/Inbox/Folder Properties/Maintenance:

    x Enable Full Text Indexing
       "Folder was indexed Saturday 25 Aug 2012" !!

   So I hit 'Force reindexing' and went for a cup of coffee.
    (Then it said "Folder indexed Sunday Dec 16 2012")

Then I did the Find Messages again (Inbox, From: "gmail.com")
  Result = Found 14  (whereas KDE 4.5.2's KMail finds 142)

Then I repeated the Find Messages for 'From=yahoo.com'
  Result: Finds 3  (whereas KDE 4.5.2's KMail finds 345 !)

So it would seem reindexing is happening, but Find Messages is still
working badly.

Do please let me know if I can help further.

I really want KMail's Find Messages to be working well so that I can
make the move over onto Mageia from Mandriva!

Regards,
--
/\/\aurice