[Mageia-dev] RFC: dropping prebuilt broadcom-wl drivers

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 28 23:45:47 CET 2012

2012/12/28 Maurice Batey <maurice at bcs.org.uk>:
> On Fri, 28 Dec 2012 18:15:16 +0100, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
>
>> It's not
>> only Mageia, trying Debian, Ubuntu, openSuse, Mint and a few others
>> including Mageia, only 2 of them were able to get it to run longer
>> than from one boot to the next.
>
>   On the same netbook I also installed Ubuntu 12.01 and Mint 13 KDE.
>
> With both of them, they operated the Broadcom WiFi perfectly 'out of
> the box' - no fuss, no mention of 'looking for...', it just worked.

Yes. And with MAG1 and MAG2 and Mdv 2010.x it operated out of the box
here, no fuss, no mention of looking for. it just worked. Same netbook
worked with openSuse but never with network manager nor with Gnome.
And now it does not work with MGA3 and (after all this testing MGA3)
it does not work anymore with MGA2. using the same software as a
couple of weeks ago. So I get the impression that something else was
changed, not just the version of the os.

--
wobo