[Mageia-dev] ANN / RFT: glibc-2.17

Thomas Backlund tmb at mageia.org
Sat Dec 29 14:10:06 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm thinking of using glibc-2.17 in Mageia 3,
and I have been running it for 12+ hours here
doing initial tests and it seems to work ok...

So I'm asking for more tests from those brave enough :)

NOTE!
You must be prepared that you might have to downgrade
back to 2.16 either manually, or by doing a full
reinstall if we find much problems with the 2.17 tests.

Now with the warning out of the way, here  is the fun:
http://tmb.mine.nu/Mageia/Cauldron/testing/glibc-2.17/
http://tmb2.mine.nu/Mageia/Cauldron/testing/glibc-2.17/

- urpmi will complain about missing signatures,
   but just ansver yes if you want to help testing...

If tests work out nicely, I'll push it to core/release
in some days...

Arnaud, can you check the arm part if you have time ?

the work is stored here for now:
http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/glibc/branches/2.17/
http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/locales/branches/2.17/

--