[Mageia-dev] Media mounting broken

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Feb 1 11:05:42 CET 2012

'Twas brillig, and Thierry Vignaud at 31/01/12 18:09 did gyre and gimble:
> On 31 January 2012 15:39, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
>>> So you *will* need udisks2 installed (no requires yet), but even then it
>>> is not working for me...
>
> (...)
>
>> OK, so I packaged a git snapshot of gvfs with the udisks2 media monitor
>> support merged. Works fine for me. Submitted for build.
>
> Note that FC actually requires udisks2 in gfvfs:
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=gvfs.git;a=commitdiff;h=323b765f24f62bba78290f0a595e391ecf470448

Yeah a requires is needed. Added to ours too.

A thought struck me the other day when reading systemd-devel (and
discussions about dbus services needed for latest gnome and provided by
systemd (but with other implementations possible too). I wonder if we
should start automatically parsing dbus service files in packages and
adding virtual provides (like perl, python, libs etc.)? That would mean
that a package would ask for something that provides
"dbus(org.freedesktop.UDisks2)"? (bad example in this case but for
example "dbus(org.freedesktop.hostname1)" might make more sense?

Food for thought maybe...