[Mageia-dev] Issues with dracut

David W. Hodgins davidwhodgins at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 09:04:54 CET 2012

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 07:22:30 -0500, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:

> Are things working OK for you now with dracut or is it still busted?

Just to clarify why I think the problem is happening on single
core systems.

On a multi-core system, the bash and udevd processes will be
running on different cores.
When the script executes the udev settle command, it continues
to execute, so the loop checking to see if udev is done finds
it isn't, so it then looks for/runs the initqueue jobs.

On a single core system, the bash script waits for the settle
command to finish, so then finds it's done, and exits without
even trying to run the initqueue jobs.

The patch in my prior message is effectively changing the script
 from "udev done or jobs done" to "udev done and jobs done".

Regards, Dave Hodgins