[Mageia-dev] Seamonkey mga1 package missing updates - mozilla branding issues -- was [Seamonkey package]

andre999 andre999mga at laposte.net
Wed Feb 8 05:13:20 CET 2012

Kamil Rytarowski a écrit :
> On 06.02.2012 22:15, Florian Hubold wrote:
>> Am 06.02.2012 21:43, schrieb Kamil Rytarowski:
>>>
>>> In my opinion we can drop that package, and in its place have
>>> Firefox-ESR,
>>> next to standard Firefox.
>>>
>> How are we supposed to drop seamonkey/iceape from a released distro?
>> BTW: Do you use seamonkey/iceape, and know how it is different from a
>> standalone browser like firefox?
> I'm thinking about Mageia 2 right now. It seems there is a maintainer
> lacking for many months.
>
> Yes, I know. It's different from Friefox and Thunderbird, but in my
> opinion for a standard user it's replaceable by ff and tb.

Seamonkey = firefox + composer + thunderbird + chatzilla
I find it convenient to have them all installed together, and running
firefox + thunderbird at the same time takes more memory than seamonkey
with the navigator and email agent open.  (Unless that has changed.)
There is also the plus of adding new navigator features to seamonkey
after they have been tested on firefox, so there are somewhat fewer bugs.
Now I'm using upstream Seamonkey, but it would be nice to have an
up-to-date version in Mageia.
(When I have more time, I might be interested in maintaining it myself.)

--
André