[Mageia-dev] Automatically determining all "GNOME" packages

Pascal Terjan pterjan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 11:47:14 CET 2012

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 10:39, Olav Vitters <olav at vitters.nl> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 10:34:51AM +0000, Pascal Terjan wrote:
>> Something like urpmf --synthesis
>> /distrib/mageia/distrib/cauldron/SRPMS/core/release/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz
>> --url 'gnome\.org'
>
> Cool!
>
> But that prints the URL, not the contents of the tarball URL, meaning
> the part in the spec file which reads
>  Source: http://download.gnome.org/sources/gtk+/$FOO/$BAR.tar.xz
>
> Maybe it is impossible to do, but I don't know :)

It is harder as this information is not in the metadata on mirrors,
not even in the src.rpm, only in the spec files

src.rpm only keep the filename as this is enough to build:

$ rpm -qp --qf "%{SOURCE}\n"
/distrib/mageia/distrib/cauldron/SRPMS/core/release/gnome-boxes-3.3.5.1-1.mga2.src.rpm
gnome-boxes-3.3.5.1.tar.xz