[Mageia-dev] Mageia Beta 1 - 2012/02/21

Pascal Terjan pterjan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 12:42:18 CET 2012

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 04:14, David Walser <luigiwalser at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Pascal Terjan wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 09:37, Anne nicolas <ennael at mageia.org> wrote:
>>> Hi there
>>>
>>> So Beta 1 release is planned in 12 days. As stated, beta version
>>> should start cycle of bugs fixing and improve current state of
>>> distribution.
>>>
>>> As a reminder here are the focus for packagers and testers:
>
> Thank you for posting this list Anne.
>
>>> - missing deps
>>> http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/data/missing-deps.i586.txt
>>> http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/data/missing-deps.x86_64.txt
>>
>> I think we should get rid of that files (which were temporary while
>> bootstraping), they are not really helpful
>> http://check.mageia.org/dependencies.html gives more information
>
> Thanks Pascal, I was just going to say the same thing.
>
> Speaking of that page, why do a bunch of packages says automake1.4 is missing when we have
> automake1.4?  Also, what do all of those messages about "found with incorrect range" mean?

It doesn't seem so
[root at valstar ~]# urpmf --use-distrib
/distrib/bootstrap/distrib/cauldron/x86_64/ --provides automake1.4
[root at valstar ~]#

we have automake1.7 and automake providing 1.8 and 1.9, 1.4 seems to
no longer be present

For the incorrect range, an example:
calligra-active	calligra-words found with incorrect range ==
12:2.4-0.beta7.1.mga2 (needed == 12:2.4-0.beta6.1.mga2)

calligra-active requires calligra-words = 12:2.4-0.beta6.1.mga2
current version of calligra-words is 12:2.4-0.beta7.1.mga2 so
calligra-active can not be installed

In this case I guess calligra-active was from the previous version of
calligra, and the subpackage was removed but either not obsoleted of
for some reason not removed from the mirror