[Mageia-dev] Putting meta-information in Mageia patches

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Sun Feb 12 12:15:32 CET 2012

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 08:11:17PM +0100, Florian Hubold wrote:
> One of our policies needs this partly, too:
> https://wiki.mageia.org/en/KDE4_packaging_policy#Patch_policy

Ah, cool.

With DEP-3, it is not clear to me if you should either have email-like
headers (no # in front), or put comments in front of them.

Some patches have git (email-like) headers. So, I'm going to email-like
myself as well.

I've added the status to 3 abiword patches. All actually were filed
upstream already. However, one lacked a patch, so upstream didn't
commit. I'm rebuilding abiword to make sure I didn't break anything...
but normally I won't rebuild just because the meta-information changes
(makes no sense to rebuild for that IMO).

--
Regards,
Olav