[Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release task-gnome-3.3.2-4.mga2

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Mon Feb 13 11:28:31 CET 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 11:04:21AM +0100, Thierry Vignaud wrote:
> AFAIC one should get the same experience as when choosing the desktop
> during installation.
> What's more as it is a suggest, nothing prevent it to be removed.

Ok, that I understand :)

> Again, this is not a strict require but a suggest
>
> What's more we don't have a better place and strictly speaking:
> 1) task-gnome* doesn't actually require any of the packages it either requires
>     or suggests
> 2) a GNOME desktop doesn't really require a cd burning tool or a browser or
>     whatever in order to show up & work...
>    so the same could be said to most requires & suggests.

To me a GNOME desktop is whatever www.gnome.org says is part of GNOME. I
don't get task-gnome-minimal :P  (after previous discussions here I
learned to ignore that and use task-gnome:)

I know drakconf is a suggests, etc, just thought it would be a suggests
elsewhere (another task-*, maybe *x11* something, etc). E.g.

  task-kde4-minimal -> task-graphical
  task-gnome-minimal -> task-graphical

  task-graphical -> drakconf, etc

Then you'd only have to add something like drakconf in one place. The
task-graphical is a ugly though. It wouldn't make sense to install
"task-graphical" (you'd only get drakconf and some other stuff).

That said, I fully understand the "same experience as when choosing the
desktop during installation". So let's stop the discussion :)

--
Regards,
Olav