[Mageia-dev] New Dracut: Please test

David W. Hodgins davidwhodgins at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 00:21:13 CET 2012

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 10:55:17 -0500, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:

> Can everyone please test the new dracut please? Especially those of you

I'll test it shortly.  I think there is a slight problem when dracut gets
updated at the same time as the kernel, udev, or anything else that is
going to get installed in the initramfs.

Rather then triggering the running of dracut when the kernel gets installed,
I think it would be better to have something that runs at the end of urpmi
or MageiaUpdate, that check to see if dracut or anything in the existing
initramfs has been updated, and if so, then run dracut.

What do you think?

Regards, Dave Hodgins